Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Let God Lead

These last few months I have experienced a writer’s block. I am fairly certain as to what I can attribute this to. There have been some pretty heavy events for which I have had to endure as of late. It has been during this time that I have stepped back to reflect. I find it difficult to stay still in the face of trials. Maybe some of you who stumble upon this page feel the same way. I have found that being a problem solver has its strengths but it also can be a form of weakness. There is always a sense that something needs to be done, handled or figured out. However, it is interesting when I took a step backward to realize that by my constant need for something to happen – I may very well be inhibiting God from teaching me a very important lesson. It’s not for me to fix, handle or figure out. It’s the precise moment to be still and wait not moving a single step forward until God leads it. I never realized until recently how many times I jump the gun before God has a chance to show me. The thought occurred to me – am I missing the point all together? It’s not an easy lesson to learn. To get yourself out of God’s way and let Him lead you into deeper meaning and purpose. This lesson has many life applications – I am grateful for grasping and understanding them now!

Psalm 139:23-24
“Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and LEAD me in the way everlasting!”

This has been an eye opening experience to ask God to reveal the grievous ways that I possess. Be careful what you ask God to reveal to you about yourself – He is the catalyst for serious change to occur in your life. If you allow God to do this work in you, He will purge the bad habits that inhibit you from achieving the most out of life. It requires you to get out of your own way first -- let God lead and you follow.

In my own spiritual journey as of late, I have experienced a strong personal battle. After I implemented the lesson of leadership I quickly find myself at odds with this very truth – a testing period, if you will. It is in these difficult moments where learning can be put into actual practice.


Psalm 143:10-11
                “Teach me to do your will, for you are my God! Let your good Spirit lead me on level ground! For your name’s sake, O Lord preserve my life! In your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble!”

No comments:

Post a Comment